Paradise Found

Paradise Found
Taz on the pier

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Birthdays and memories

Yep.  Yesterday was my birthday.  Hoo-ray! 

Funny the things you think of on your birthday.  Today I thought about the birthday celebrations I had with my former staff.

I made them sing the birthday song to each other on their birthdays.  Not just the plain old birthday song everybody had sung to them.  They had to do it special.  We sang it in opera voices, or country style voices or in a round like row, row, row your boat. 

My all time two personal favorites were our Elvis style birthday song (think about Elvis singing the birthday song like blue Christmas) for Rhonda, who is a HUGE Elvis fan, and our Spanish style (complete with maracas made from pennies in a jar) for Sylvia (Happy Birthday to you cha cha cha, etc). 

My staff probably thought it was cruel and unusual punishment, but they all went along.  We made the day special for the birthday person.  I brought in their favorite breakfast, we went to lunch (everyone split the cost), them came back to have cake I either made or bought.  They opened all their cards and gifts and that's when we sang.

We had fun.

I miss those times.  I miss that crew.     

No comments:

Post a Comment