Paradise Found

Paradise Found
Taz on the pier

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm retired and I need a planner???

When I announced by retirement at work - people actually said "I won't ever retire, I'd get bored watching TV"....HELLO - is that all you think retirement is???  Sitting around watching TV???  If that's what you think retirement life is all about, I have 2 comments 1) GET A LIFE 2) come talk to me, I can give you ideas.

I need a freaking planner!!!!  I have so much to do, I am not managing my time well enough on my own to do it.   So I broke down and now have a planner for my retirement life.

I told myself I would exercise first thing in the morning when I retired since I didn't have to rush off for a job.  I haven't really started but I do walk my dog every morning and again today I got caught in my PJ's by Mrs Coach (my neighbors, both she and her husband are coaching at the school).    Exercise is going in the planner.

I also planned to do more of my hobbies - sewing, cross-stitch etc.  So far not a lot .. These activities will go in planner. 

I also bought the Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish - I have it loaded on the laptop, but only did it once...again - time for this will be alloted in the planner. 

Maybe Mondays will be for sewing, Tuesdays for Spanish, Wednesdays for baking, Thursdays scrap booking (I need to organized all my pictures) and Fridays for pasta making.    Cross stitch or needlepoint on alternate evenings sitting in the den with the family. Then I need to make sure I have time to keep house clean, do laundry, feed my family,  play with dog, grocery shop, etc.

Maybe I need to retire from retirement - sitting on my butt watching daytime TV might not be so bad!! How did I get any of this done when I was working!!!

Tomorrow - some goofy family stories with photos. 

Have a great Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment